Sunday, October 05, 2008

Weekend- the fastest two days of the week

It seems like my weekends always fly.  It is already Sunday... I have a whole day to clean my house, do my french homework, and get ready for the rest of the crazy week.  I feel like I am obsessed with this learning French thing, reading up on Paris and people's blogs abroad on how they live.  I think the best thing for me right now is just to visit.  Plan in the next 5 yrs. a strategy on how I can stay a whole month over there.  I guess this means to get in to something that self sustains my living.  I am going to start brainstorming... I think this is the beginning of the "5 yr. plan".  I actually think that I can get the best of both worlds eventually.  I love the conveniences of america, thinking of leaving for good- is just talk for now.... but I just love the crappy food, crappy tv, my prius. Yet,  I love the culture and lifestyle of the parisian- slow pace in a fast environment, french crap tv not understanding anything, their crappy version of American Idol, nutella crepes, the metro and the smell of old buildings.  I am sure I will love other parts of France as well, and other European Countries for that matter. What can I do to marry these two worlds together into my world.  I need to find out fast... not too fast.. Just 5 years fast.  This can be done. I will do some research on trades I can get into that can be transcontinental for future endeavors.  This does not mean that I would pick up and go permanently, just a good transition into dabbling in the life of a european, one month at a time.  The 5 yr. plan is to spend a month in Paris/Europe, no interruptions.  Whether this be while on current job's vacation time or whatever life brings to me at this time. The goal is to go there and not be broke, sustain living with the family. Hopefully, all of my family will be able to partake in my experiment. 

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

LABELS

2010 (1) amsterdam (1) andy warhol (1) atc (1) beach (2) BenFolds (1) birthday (1) blog (1) blogworld expo (1) blythe (2) charity (1) christmas (1) christmas new year (2) comic-con (2) concert (2) cookie RIP (1) dinner (1) disneyland (2) dog (1) dogs (1) doll (1) dolls (1) elise (3) Europe (1) experiments (1) facebook (1) fall (1) family (6) france (3) french class (5) friends (3) fun (9) fun. stewie (2) future (14) gingerbread (1) goals (3) halloween (1) house (1) IKEA (1) itunes (1) job (2) life (14) Linchpin (1) lists (1) london (1) madonna (3) me myself and i (2) meloncholy (1) Merton (1) movies (3) music (3) myspace (1) paris (6) politics (2) rant (2) regina spektor (1) relationships suck (1) restaurant (2) retirement (3) sadness (1) Saturdays (1) school (1) Seth Godin (1) shopping (1) sick (1) sleep (3) starbucks (2) stewie (3) sundays (1) swapbot (4) swapbot hamburger phone juno (1) travel (5) trip (1) tv (2) tweep (1) vacation (3) Webcam (1) weekend (13) work (4) yogurt (1) YouTube (1)